We are currently holding our meetings at a temporary venue until Mid-November. If you'd like to attend one of our meetings as a guest please contact us and we will provide you with full details of our temporary venue.
We were all reminded of the value of Google reviews and digital word of mouth by Stuart Smallcombe of LG Networks. In his engaging education slot Stuart explained how vital online reviews are for encouraging potential customers to trust, and decide to use our businesses. He suggested that we all take the time to provide a Google review for at least 4 fellow members.
Helping to maintain excellent ‘star rating’ averages and cultivate an enviable gallery of customer reviews.
The 60 Second Round
The 60 second round had some interesting topics this week. With Nick Cooke, of Nick Cooke & Associates Structural Engineers telling us about the pitfalls of home buyers surveys. OK for modern homes perhaps, but why take the risk? Best to skip straight to a structural engineer and be 100% confident that the home you are thinking of buying is not suffering from subsidence, settlement or a saggy roof.
Steve Roach, of Phoenix FM explained how he is on the hunt for businesses with a low carbon product, or those actively looking to reduce their carbon footprint. The radio station can assist in application for free advertising for such firms. A great opportunity, not to miss.
Jo Jones of Jo Jones Health re-launched her Brentwood Bootcamp. Join her this Saturday morning for a kick start to spring fitness, suitable for all levels.
Dean Caldon, of Grace & Rose Estate Agency gave a winning 60 Second round with his top tips for first time landlords. The experienced sales and letting agent said:
- Do let unfurnished – it’s far easier
- Invest in professional cleaning before your 1st tenant moves in
- Don’t provide white goods – not necessary
- Stick with white paintwork – fresh and modern
Kim Redwood-Lee of Redwood Clarke Book Keepers inspired us all to have a good spring clean of our book keeping. Encouraging us all to finally deal with unpaid invoices, to rectify book keeping errors and audit expenses to find cost savings.
This weeks statistics and points of note
Headlines to take away and savour include;
- Jill Willis of Words by Jill topped the performance league (also taking home the Speaker’s Prize!), with Kevin Radford of RMK Insurance coming in second and Paul Booth of Booth & Co Accountants in third.
- Dean Caldon of Grace & Rose Sales and Lettings Agency scooped the 60 second award – with an informative and jargon free guide for first time landlords.
- Alan Shaw gave an outstanding presentation, showcasing the range of architectural, interior design and project planning services he provides to civic, commercial and residential clients across London and the South East.
- £75k of business passed this month – a smoking hot figure!
- 130 new referral opportunities so far in March – well done folks!
10 minute presentation by Alan Shaw
Alan Shaw’s 10 Minutes was seriously impressive. With outstanding examples of the projects he’s worked on during his long and illustrious career. Including, new build schemes, historic building conversion, sustainable design, civic buildings, community projects, home extensions and small housing developments.
To discover more about Alan Shaw Architects and the architectural, planning and project management services offered from his Blackmore based practice visit http://www.essexbusinessforum.com/members/alan-shaw/
With 23 members in attendance, I’m sure you’ll all agree, once again we have a solid demonstration of the value EBF brings to each of our businesses.
See you next week!
Jill (in for Aidan)