Alan Shaw Architects
A Charted Architect based in Essex, with a wealth of experience making them leaders in their field
Get in touch with Alan:
Business Information for Alan Shaw Architects:
Based in Blackmore just outside of Brentwood we work on projects in Essex and London.
The practice carries out:
- Architectural work
- Interior design
- Project management
Areas of architectural design we specialise in are community, cultural, hospitality, housing and warehousing.
We work closely with building contractors and structural engineers to achieve quality architectural solutions.
There are five people in the team at Alan Shaw Architects.
More abut Alan:
- Alan Shaw (Chartered Architect)
- Dipl., Arch., RIBA., International Associate AIA.
- Principal of the Architectural Practice.
- Works on designs across all areas within the practices. Has excellent knowledge of the planning system and building regulations. A highly experienced project manager and architect for the past 30 years. Acts as an expert witness for architectural legal cases.
- Past Chairman for the Chelmsford Chapter of Architects.
The rest of the team:
Zoe Abel (Interior Architect)
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture
- Produces high quality designs and computer drawings including visuals. Graphics and model making are a speciality.
Colin Ford (Chartered Architect)
- Bsc (Hons), Dip Arch
- An experienced architect project manager and charted builder. Works on design for building, including site inspections and project management.
Valerie Shaw (Personal Assistant)
- Works on business administration. An experienced secretary.
Jo Elnaugh (Graduate Architect)
- BA (Hons) RIBA Part I, Dip Arch ARB Part II.
- Works on architectural and interior design. Experienced in project management and community consultation. Specific areas of interest are design and sustainability.
Photo Gallery for Alan Shaw Architects:
Testimonials for Alan Shaw:
Alan and I have worked together closely on a number of building projects, some of which have been very complex. Alan provides expert advice on all planning and Building Regulation matters. The drawings that Alan and his team produce are very detailed but also very clear. Whether it’s an extension, a loft conversion or a new house, Alan and his team consistently produce a very high level of expertise in everything they do. Alan is the first port of call for any proposed building project.
Alan designed a really great extension for our home which is greeted with the words “wow” when people come in … a great testament to the design.