EBF Education Slot 23rd Feb 2012 – David Plumley
The fees we pay each month give us the coveted opportunity to tell others about ourselves, our business and the type of clients we are looking for.
Here are a few ways we can be specific in our 60 seconds.
- Identify examples of type of work that is perfect for you
- Also identify the types of work that are not suitable.
- Be specific about one or more of your skills or specialties
- Identify the type of individual or company you are looking for.
- Be specific about the location you prefer to work
- Identify a particular company you would like to make contact with
- Tell us of a particular person you’d like the opportunity to meet
If we are only giving woolly, repetitive and non-specific information every week two things may happen …
- Other members may struggle to know exactly what you do and what you want
- Your chums here may have just switch off each week and not give you the attention you need.
In conclusion, being specific when describing what we do and what we are looking for may well trigger thoughts in the minds of your sales team around this table.
Maybe the cup, next week, should go to the person who is the most specific?