Our regular EBF Meetings are currently cancelled due to the Coronavirus COVID19 Lockdown. We are continuing to run our networking meetings using Zoom so that we can network with each other Virtually. Please contact us if you would like to attend as a guest to one of our virtual networking meetings.
The meeting started on a real positive note with two more new members being inducted and welcomed to our rapidly growing group. Two new visitors were also very enthusiastic and showed potential for us to further expand. With every new member the group has the better and more powerful EBF becomes for the members. The only challenge that we have is that we’re gonna need to get some bigger tables if we grow too large!
We were all reminded of the value of quality by David Plumley of Integrate Networks. In his engaging education slot David explained how vital it is to hold true to our professionalism. Not be tempted to de-value our services by competing on price. Instead to price fairly, for the high-quality service each of our businesses provide. Providing a flawless service, even if it is priced a little more than others on the block, will deliver more long term value to the client, and more referrals as a result.
The 60 Second Round
The 60 second round had some interesting topics this week. With Mark Scarff of LMS Property Solutions showcasing some of his recent architectural joinery projects, including bespoke garden gates, panelling, storage and internal doors.
New member Cathy Neat of The Willow Centre in Chelmsford gave us an insight into the wide and varied clients who hire the centre’s meeting rooms on a weekly basis. For anything from occasional desk space in The Hub, to board meetings, training and mediation.
Kim Redwood-Lee of Redwood Clarke Book Keepers reminded us all of the expertise and knowledge of her 7-strong team. Available to help business owners finally deal with un paid invoices, to organise payroll, systemize sale invoices and keep book keeping errors at bay.
Brian Painter of Pilgrim Hypnotherapy told a heart-warming story of a patient who, with the help of regression and hypnotherapy, was feeling far less fearful of hospitals.
Finally, Kevin Radford at RMK Insurance addressed cyber liability. In the wake of the high-profile NHS cyber-attacks he asked whether small businesses should consider insuring against the risk of cyber-attack. His view, if your livelihood depends on the ability of your website to perform then it’s something you should consider. And he’s always available for a coffee and a chat!
This weeks statistics and points of note
- New member Lee Scarff of LMS Plumbing and Heating topped the performance league, with Paul Booth of Booth & Co Accountants in second, and David Plumley of Integrate Networks in third.
- John Freeman of The One Stop Property Shop handy man service scooped the 60 second award – with a funny story about a recent job that helped save a customer’s marriage!
- Matt Barry of Blue Serif gave an outstanding presentation, showcasing the range of brand design services he offers, including branding, print design, creative design of websites and apps and exhibition stands.
- £35k of business passed this week – a smoking hot figure!
- 28 new referral opportunities this week – an excellent month so far!
- We welcomed two visitors to the meeting. Stuart Harris from NRG Brokers, a commercial energy consultant who helps businesses to negotiate better rates from their energy providers. And, Christine Wakeman, who specialises in helping businesses get the most from apprentice schemes and to access funds available from European Social Funding for training of staff.
10 minute presentation by Matt Barry
Matt Barry’s 10 Minutes was seriously impressive. With outstanding examples of the brand design projects he’s worked on with his team at Blue Serif. Including, branding, print design, email design, video & multimedia, creative design of websites, app design and exhibition stand design. He explained that the success of his design agency was as much down to the quality of it’s creative, as the business focus it takes. Enabling them to build and maintain strong, ongoing relationships with clients beyond the first project.
To discover more about Blue Serif and the fully integrated digital design service offered from the Brentwood based agency visit www.blueserif.co.uk