Our regular EBF Meetings are currently cancelled due to the Coronavirus COVID19 Lockdown. We are continuing to run our networking meetings using Zoom so that we can network with each other Virtually. Please contact us if you would like to attend as a guest to one of our virtual networking meetings.
EBF 2nd Feb 2012
Education Slot – David Plumley
Ways to approach the 10 minute opportunity
Our 10 minute presentations need structure to make sure we get full value from the valued weekly slot.
Maybe one of these outlines will help focus your preparation.
- Present a chronological outline of your business to date
- Current Work – give examples of what you are doing for your clients now – show the diversity and range of what you do
- Future Plans. How would you like to change, grow or improve? Tell us your dreams for future projects
- Describe the types of work and the clients that you have gained by being in Essex Business Forum and then go on to explain which referrals have been the most appropriate and successful for you.
- Tell us about you as a person and why your business is a good match for your talents and abilities. This will give us increased confidence in passing referrals
Other things to remember
- Time your presentation to last 7 to 8 minutes. The remaining 2 or 3 minutes can be used for questions
- Think about using props … they can be a great aid to give shape to your presentation and also to make what you say more memorable
- If using text … either in charts or in a PowerPoint … be sure to choose a simple font and make the characters large
- If you do need the projector do arrive early and check you have everything working well before the meeting begins.
- Don’t waste your 60 seconds … maybe ask some intriguing questions that you will then go on to answer in your 10 minutes. Get us thinking … and get us anticipating the answers.
- Remember that none of us are professional speakers. Relax and remember that the whole group is on your side