NEW EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT – HOW TO PROPERLY PLACE NEW EMPLOYEES IN BIG COMPANIES:
Put 400 bricks in a closed room. Put your new employees in the room and close the door.
Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours.
Then analyze the situation:
1. If they’re counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.
2. If they’re recounting them, put them in Auditing.
3. If they’ve created a brick staircase, put them in Engineering.
4. If they’ve laid all the bricks flat on the floor, put them in Safety.
5. If they’re arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
6. If they’re throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
7. If they’re sleeping, put them in Security.
8. If they’ve broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology.
9. If they’re sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
10. If they say they’ve tried different combinations, they’re looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
11. If they’ve already left for the day, put them in Marketing.
12. If they’re staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
13. If they’re talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management.
14. Finally, if they’ve surrounded themselves with bricks in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Government!