EBF Education Slot 16th Feb 2012 – David Plumley
Guests, Visitors and Subs
Most weeks we have with us invited guests, visitors and subs. How can we benefit these folk each week?
- First we should arrive early ourselves, so that we are ready to greet those we have invited and to make them feel welcome … which of course they are.
- Offer to find them a seat and show them the tea, coffee and juices.
- If they are a first-time visitor or sub take a moment to sketch out an outline the meeting … what to expect.
- Express appreciation that they have come out to join us on a chilly morning and let them know we are a down-to-earth friendly bunch.
- Have a sincere interest in their business and ask intelligent questions about such things as the types of client they are looking for.
- Unless they ask you directly don’t get too chatty about what you do. Even if they do ask, keep it brief and don’t turn it into a sales pitch.
- Offer to sit with them during the meeting to explain things as it moves forward.
- After the meeting ends take a little more time to thank them again for coming … ask for their thoughts on the meeting or if they have any questions … and also express your wish for them to join us again.
In conclusion, our guests and subs should have enjoyed their visit. They should leave with a pleasant taste in their mouths and a good impression of our happy group.