Our regular EBF Meetings are currently cancelled due to the Coronavirus COVID19 Lockdown. We are continuing to run our networking meetings using Zoom so that we can network with each other Virtually. Please contact us if you would like to attend as a guest to one of our virtual networking meetings.
EBF Education Slot 16th Feb 2012 – David Plumley
Guests, Visitors and Subs
Most weeks we have with us invited guests, visitors and subs. How can we benefit these folk each week?
- First we should arrive early ourselves, so that we are ready to greet those we have invited and to make them feel welcome … which of course they are.
- Offer to find them a seat and show them the tea, coffee and juices.
- If they are a first-time visitor or sub take a moment to sketch out an outline the meeting … what to expect.
- Express appreciation that they have come out to join us on a chilly morning and let them know we are a down-to-earth friendly bunch.
- Have a sincere interest in their business and ask intelligent questions about such things as the types of client they are looking for.
- Unless they ask you directly don’t get too chatty about what you do. Even if they do ask, keep it brief and don’t turn it into a sales pitch.
- Offer to sit with them during the meeting to explain things as it moves forward.
- After the meeting ends take a little more time to thank them again for coming … ask for their thoughts on the meeting or if they have any questions … and also express your wish for them to join us again.
In conclusion, our guests and subs should have enjoyed their visit. They should leave with a pleasant taste in their mouths and a good impression of our happy group.