This week’s Essex Business Forum meeting was busy and bustling with lots of members back from holiday. With 22 members in attendance.
Brian Painter of Pilgrim Hypnotherapy (standing in for Aidan Squire of Quality HR) chaired confidently. Guiding us all through the proceedings. We had apologies for absence from Aidan Squire, Matt Barry, Carmel Jane, Kevin Brooks and Richard Reed.
Headlines to take away and savour include;
1. Jill Willis, WordsByJill Copywriting was network leader for August.
2. We achieved almost £11k worth of new business
3. We passed 19 new referrals!
4. That’s £22k during Sept so far.
5. On track to hit our monthly average of £80k of new business opportunities – which is great for holiday season.
6. Visitor Neil Garratt of Plaster in Brentwood joined us, and showcased his expertise in plastering and painting gained over 15 years in the trade. We hope to welcome him back next week.
7. Jill scooped the 60 second award – for her account of the wide range of copywriting services she provides clients.
8. The next Professions Synergy meeting is scheduled for 4pm Tuesday 13th September at Reeds in Billericay.
9. The EBF promotional campaign on Phoenix FM will go ahead, please look out for Terry’s email and organise payment.
We were reminded by David Plumley of Brentwood Computers to really bring our A game to the referral round. His Education Slot made it clear, there’s no excuse for not contributing! So next week see how much info you can fill into the slips. You might be surprised.
Things you can include in the referral round –
– One to one meetings
– Advanced notice of visitors you aim to being along to future meetings
– Heads up on referrals you’ll be submitting in the next few weeks
– Thank you for the business
– Written testimonials
– Synergy meetings
– Verbal testimonials
Not to mention a thank you to the 10-minute presenter, or a welcome to visitors.
There’s always something to pop into the basket, and a positive word to say.
The 60 second round had some interesting topics this week. Highlights include, Jo Jones of Jo Jones Health recounting a wonderful testimonial from a massage client. Steve Roach of Phoenix FM proudly announced that the radio station was top of the national sports charts, with its sports shows in 4th, 2nd and 1st place (West Ham Way show). We were all impressed by the beautiful range of sprits showcased by Jo Eastwood of independent wine merchant Liquorice. She launched her new range of Japanese Gin and Caribbean rum.
Brian Painter of Pilgrim Hypnotherapy told a heart-warming story of an expectant mum successfully giving up smoking thanks to his hypnotherapy services, and Scott Griffiths of Eseyo web design drew our attention to the premium & affordable web hosting he offers to clients (even those who had their websites built elsewhere). Now why would anyone do that!?
The 10-minute presentation was outstanding. Provided by Dean Caldon of Grace & Rose sales and lettings, it was an insight into professional estate agency…and a testament to the personal, caring approach the business has.
“We are a family run, independent estate agency based in Billericay & Brentwood; but you won’t find us in a showy shop on the high street. That’s because we’re one of the UK’s growing number of hybrid office based agents. This means that we’re able to cleverly combine the best of traditional estate agency, with the cost saving benefits of online”.
We were left with no doubt; Grace & Rose provides an outstanding service from beginning to end.
For more information on the services Dean, and Grace & Rose provides, contact 01277 623010 or visit www.graceandrose.co.uk
Next Week – We’ll be looking for clever ways to record member testimonials…so Scott can include it in the points system. Initial idea is to make a note on the Activity slip, alongside one to ones. But other ideas welcomed!
See you next week!
Jill (in for Aidan)